How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

initial endorsement

(13 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by semiretired
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 1367 times

semiretired
semiretired

Just went out to the garage and plugged in my new Datavac Duster. I was impressed and can't wait to use it on some 'puters this week. I was tired of expensive and sometimes wet cans of air. I'm thinking that I made a good buy.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

cool, let us know how it performs please.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Can we have an update please, am thinking of getting one.
$10 a small can here.

Posted 4 years ago

semiretired
semiretired

I will update soon. I have been pretty busy lately. Plus the garage is cold and I have been working on some laptops that are clean inside, inside the house. The mess is driving the wife crazy. When I played around with it initially, I was surprised at the velocity of the air blast and it has attachments that look appropriate, although I have not tried them. As soon as Pittsburgh Pirates baseball is on TV and radio (2nd of March), I will start working in the garage again and I'll use the duster all the time.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Does it have the force of a can ?

Posted 4 years ago

semiretired
semiretired

Yes it does. It's also labeled as green. There are no throw aways(cans), no freezing hands and no liquid coming out , when not held vertical. It will find a permanent spot on a workbench.

I placed an iespell in my right click and it is a great little spell checker, btw.

Posted 4 years ago

semiretired
semiretired

If I can find a plug, I'm going to blow this keyboard out right now!

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Can't find one in France. So an extra $40.60 for delivery.

Posted 4 years ago

semiretired
semiretired

Well, I evidently had the button in, from playing with it while we discussed, and when I plugged it in, it started spinning around from the air force. No damage.

It blew stuff that I couldn't even see, out of this Logitech Wave keyboard. I had a reducer attachment installed, but it was not the smallest by far. I was using about a 3/8" discharge. I could volunteer to perform a cheesy TV infomercial for this thing. Now if it just lasts a long time.

I bought mine on Amazon, while shopping for the cheapest deal.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Sounds good then :)

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

semiretired. I forsee a problem. They don't mention it in the specs, but is it 110V only, or switchable 110V/240V ?

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

I have finally found a blower on Amazon in France.
http://www.amazon.fr/eureka-as.....38;sr=8-30
Looks like an alien spaceship, but what the heck.

(maybe now I will be able to blow my own trumpet :)

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Just an update. The blower I linked to above, works brilliantly. (it was 23 euros + free delivery). But they have none in stock at the moment.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!