The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Disability Tech

Increse font size

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by telephonics
  • Latest reply from mfletch
  • Topic Viewed 1816 times

telephonics

Due to decreasing visual acuity due to advancing age I need to increase the size of any type appearing on my monitor screen Ideally I would like to have Arial Boldn12 point for everything including tool bars , e-mail etc. I use IE 9, Firefox and Win 7 64 bit, and Office 2010,outlook 2010

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

There are several good ways:

1. Decrease the resolution of your screen
2. Change the DPI in Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

I have very bad eyesight and that is what I did. In addition I change the browser resolution. Temporarily you can do that by pressing CTL and + at the same time - when you are on a browser page.

But I have not yet found any way to select a specific font and bolding it - except in Word. When things are really difficult to read, I sometimes copy them into a Wor document and manipulate the fonts there.

Posted 2 years ago

LH
LH

Enter Control Color in the Start Search. Click on it.
Then, Advanced. You can change fonts, in the fonts drop down menu list. (pick each item in the drop down Items list for what you want to change)

Posted 2 years ago

itrc

agree with ^whs First resolution of your screen should be decreased and then you try to use big font theme form control panel rather than making it custom

Posted 2 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Just a sidenote: you can alter a lot of systemfonts / program fonts, but nine times out of ten you won't see the difference. That happens when Verdana is installed.
Delete verdana and all of a sudden you'll find fontchanges in OE, Windows Mail, IE etc. wíll apply.

Posted 2 years ago

mfletch
mfletch

Right click on a empty space on the desktop click Personalize

Now click on Display "its at bottom left" change it too Medium 125%

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!