The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Improve Wireless Connectivity in Vista

(4 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by Zig
  • Latest reply from Zig
  • Topic Viewed 3614 times

Zig

1)Click on the Start menu and type cmd in the search box. Type CTR+SHIFT+ENTER to tell the command prompt to open with elevated privileges.

2)In the command prompt window, type netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable and hit Enter

3)After getting the OK returned in the command prompt window, restart to activate the change.

NOTE

If the change doesn't help, you can always revert by going though the same process, but instead, use the command:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Don't forget to reboot!

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost

I think the geek actually wrote about this one before, or at least the same setting.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....ows-vista/

Does this help wireless especially ?

Posted 7 years ago

Zig

Well benchmarks showed about a 2.5% increase in connectivity so I guess that is up to the user to determine if it is worth it. I missed that post.....oops me bad.

Posted 7 years ago

Zig

WARNING

There is a tool out there that is called - vista_network_helper_v1.5 and if you are not a EXPERIENCED comp user it will screw your PC up. Just thought I would give a heads-up for those that might use this tweak.Besides it's always better two take your time and apply tweaks on your own rather to trust scripts like this one.

P.S. I'm not knocking the creator of this just simply warning novices.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.