The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Improve Audio Quality

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by gowthamgutha
  • Latest reply from gowthamgutha
  • Topic Viewed 1367 times

gowthamgutha

Any tweaks for Windows 8 / Foobar to improve audio quality for better sound?

Posted 1 year ago

afuhnk

Having latest drivers, making sure your speakers are properly setup in Windows (ex. if your 5.1 setup is configured or being recognized as 2), Foobar's equalizer, getting better audio equipment.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

This question often crops up with my clients. Your machine would normally come with a reasonable audio chipset, the letdown, especially with new builds on lappys today is the appalling inbuilt speakers.
I would be looking at external speakers which are also powered to generate a reasonable HiFi sound.

Foobar is really a toy and does not augment what your internal speakers cant handle, you need the stuff at the end, a decent inexpensive sound system.

You will be surprised what you can get for little money these days

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere

You can also utilize an external (USB) sound card such as the Soundblaster X-Fi Surround 5.1

Posted 1 year ago

gowthamgutha

One more interesting fact that i came to know was, When i've recently installed Windows XP with Realtek Audio Driver, i found that there is good increas in the quality of the sound than it was with Windows 7, may be sound drivers provided by default with Windows 7 may not be as affective as the ones provided by Realtek.

Whatsoever, i've just increased 2 points on the sound and the speaker was set to 1/2 low, i found it good for listening. Just thinking about how if every thing was maximum (both the speakers and system).

What about VLC? The VLC sound is superb and awesome. It provided 200 volume, no music/media player has such a great volume? What you people say about that?

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.