The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - Impossible to post IMG

(60 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by whs
  • Latest reply from BobJam
  • Topic Viewed 3975 times

The Geek

Alright, I enabled the bbcode plugin again.

I've been attempting to get this problem resolved... I'll figure it out, just try and be patient. Sadly I have way too much on my plate at the moment, and I can't find a reliable programmer to hire to work on these things for me. (or at least can't find one in my price range)

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

@raphoenix: I'm not sure what you mean. We have been able to load images from any web site and still can, just not using the bbCode IMG tag.

Edit: It appears as of about 30 seconds ago we can use bbCode again. So all the image stuff is as it was.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

jd2066,

Not sure what you mean ??

Notice I was able to reference pictures in my website stores today and could not do it before the plugin was removed for a while. What tags have you been using to get pictures off your website in the past ??

Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

@raphoenix: I mean using the HTML image tag. Even without the bbCode plugin you can use the HTML image tag to reference an image on any site.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

@jd2066

You got to have a SRC tag also plus a URL ref etc.,

Have you been following this on going discussion for the last two weeks ??

BobJam has posted daily and almost everyone else has jumped in including The Geek.

If you know something about the site that no one else seems to know, then please share it with us all.

Not just me :) :)

Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

TEST DELETED BY Rick P.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

For an HTML image all you need is the src attrib.
Example: (img src="http://www.example.com/pic.jpg" /)
() being <> of course.
Not much to it.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

@jd2066,

Yes; that's the code I'm using.

For several weeks that code and other code did (NOT) work.

Even The Geek said there were problems.

Everyone even tried Backticks and other methods.

The Geek got involved again today and did something with bbpress.

I just surmised as to what he was doing in the post which started this conversation.

Now the code is working again as you can see.

That is why I say "Be Happy" :) :) :)

Kindest Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

@raphoenix: Ok. I watched the topic and thought it was just the bbCode tags that didn't work. Maybe not.

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

@scott + jd2066,

I think you can close (Solve) this thread now as posting an image appears to be working OK.

Night ALL.
:)
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 6 years ago

BobJam

Wait a minute . . . wait a minute. So now BOTH the HTML coding and BBCode image insertion works??

I guess another test is in order.

First, lemme try the old BBCoding with the brackets . . . [ and ] :

And then lemme try the HTML coding with the img src= and the < and > characters AND the backticks:

Posted 6 years ago

BobJam

Yup . . . both ways work now. But I don't know still if the EDIT will mess things up. May test that later, but for now this is enough. Thanks Geek.

P.S. LH, where is that "anti-animation" button you spoke of in that other thread?? Is it here somewhere on the "My Profile" section, or are you talking about something on your machine??

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

BobJam. It's little add-on in my browser (FF) that stops animation.

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW

In Firefox, hit the <Esc> key to pause animations on the current page. To disable them permanently, in about:config set "image.animation_mode" to "none".

Like whs, I get tired of the circus when the little animations are all playing, it's distracting from the content. Luckily, it's easy to disable in FF. Unfortunately, even after the circus has stopped, it's still a jungle in here! :)

EDIT: the <Esc> key works in IE7, too.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Now let me see whether that works:

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Hurrah, it works. Thank you Geek for putting it back on. And thank you ScottW for the trick with the Esc. The world is back in order.

Posted 6 years ago

BobJam

Hey ScottW,

Yes, I tried the escape key in IE7 and that worked just fine. But now I have another problem . . . how do I re-enable animations? I tried hitting the Esc key again, but that didn't bring it back.

Posted 6 years ago

BobJam

Hmmmmm . . . the act of posting brought it back. Weird.

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW

Bob, if you just refresh the page, it will start the animations back up again. Posting causes the page to reload because the content has changed.

Posted 6 years ago

BobJam

Yes, that worked . . . thanks. Now I have a "stop animation" method like those with the FF add-on.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.