image uploading so tough....

(31 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Niks
  • Latest reply from mickeyblue
  • Topic Viewed 3188 times

Niks
Niks

@prostheticHead
the slow internet connection isn't the problem with me. I m affected by the policy. I must add to your knowledge that i use a 256kbps speeded modem at my home, which is quite good to handle photobucket type sites.

@sarahjames
y r u so much annoyed?? btw this forum is not contradicting u, i guess. i just wanted to disclose my query. may b there r plenty of sites who doesn't provide direct uploading, they r not popular as well. If they r, i don't use them... at all. If some of our suggestions help to make the site easier, then what's damn wrong in this?

@The Geek
Its my pleasure to have ur post in my forum, sir. I appreciate ur kind answer. But, there are plenty of other sites who manages to provide direct uploading. then why cant this? This site is not poor enough to handle one more thing. I am a user and thinking the way all users do. Every1 wants to be quick in posting a forum. Especially when it is just a "Forum". this photobucket process is too zig-zag...

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Niks. I think, you are thinking of sites that are plastered with adverts. Fortunately The Geek does not do that. Those type of sites maybe able to afford it.

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

may be they r... but the head of uploading need not to open other links.

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

Niks if you don't mind, I think you're asking for a bit too much. You'll know when you talk to someone having experience working with servers and paying for their expenses. You'll have to settle for using at least one photo uploading site. But you're right in that you should not be locked in; you should have freedom choosing that site.

Just my two cents...

Posted 4 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Niks, there is a difference in making things easier for you and making things easier in general.

And if you're going down the track of annoyances: please be kind enough to use a proper form of English.
You seem to be in such a hurry, it's a marvel you find the time to post at all.
Things can't be fast enough for you apparently. Whether it is writing or posting images.
O yes, that's right - you wanted to speed up inserting those images, because they prevent you having to type what you want to tell ...

Posted 4 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Adding a menu that automates uploading to some other site is not a trivial affair.

Can you show me an example of a site that actually does this?

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

I don't know of any. It was my own innovative idea hee hee. Some ideas are just a copy of other ideas. Some others get invented per the necessaty.

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

@SarahJames
May be its marvel, but seems like you are still annoyed. To be very frank, the question is not only bounded to me, neither i am alone going to enjoy the saved time in uploading images. Thanks a lot to god, that my broken English language AT LEAST understood by you.
The more i can say is that i wanted to post images, so that moderators like you can easily understand the queries and post to them accurately. was i so wrong?
sorry to say, but looking at your posts truly makes me differentiate between a moderator and a person just trying to increase his number of posts.

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

I don`t think this discussion is very useful and will get anywhere. I know of no forum (and I use about a dozen) where the procedure is different than on HTG. Some forums allow embedding of videos, but that has certain risks and the Geek ruled that out for a good reason. Other than that, HTG is just "mainstream".

And Nicks, what is this supposed to mean: "sorry to say, but looking at your posts truly makes me differentiate between a moderator and a person just trying to increase his number of posts".

Posted 4 years ago

algotechie
algotechie

Alright please... Remain to the topic and avoid the less important questions that will then start a new branch in the chain reaction. This was a request to all in general, not to a specific member. Thanks all.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

aaaaaaaaaaaah more "image uploading" bashing from newbie members, seriously its annoying. accept that facts and move on.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!