The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

I'm upgrading to Vista

(19 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by JadeEmperor
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 893 times

JadeEmperor

Looking around this forum I feel kinda out of touch and missing alot with everyone using Vista so I'm upgrading.

After all, Sarah is using Vista. ;-)

Posted 5 years ago

LH

So. Why have you held on to XP so long ?

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix

@LH,

Well let's see.

A Volume License for Vista Business Edition [5 Machine MS Minimum Requirement] plus the cost of up-grading all hardware plus consideration of current economic conditions, etc., etc.
You do the math.. (lol) (lol)
All Certified Bank Checks Are Welcome. :) :)
Realize this is now fast becoming a Vista only forum so will leave in due time. :( :(
Kindest Regards,
Rick P.♦:)

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Am counting down the days. But please feel free to e-mail me (before I change my address) LOL :)

Posted 5 years ago

JadeEmperor

@LH

Had this Vista box sitting on my shelf, waiting for good reason to install it, found HTG forum, and viola! It's a Vista mostly forum.

Fret not Rick, maybe when Windows 7 comes out (whenever that is), we'll be a Windows 7 forum and ready for it! :-)

Posted 5 years ago

LH

lol. "viola", I play, voila!

Posted 5 years ago

JadeEmperor

LH, you lost me.

Posted 5 years ago

LH

Don't worry about it.......everybody does.
(I think you did it in 2 posts now) :)

Edit. And at least one other person.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott

The Windows 7 forum is coming sooner than you think !

Posted 5 years ago

JadeEmperor

@LH

Yeah I know :-)

The stars definitely are not aligned.

@Scott

wooohooo! gotta get Win7 soon. :-)

Posted 5 years ago

Scott

Actually, the new forum should be up by the new year. What we really need are some early adopters :)

Posted 5 years ago

JadeEmperor

ooohhhhh tempting. ;-)

if i can find a way to use Yahoo messenger while using Win7 at the same time i'll adopt. early. :-)

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve

Lol

Early adopting can be costly though, and it's a big change!

Posted 5 years ago

JonMCC33

@raphoenix
Single Windows Vista Business OEM license is quite available. ;-)

Vista had issues at first, mostly driver and some file transfer, but it's quite solid now. SP2 is just around the corner for it too. ^_^

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix

@JonMCC33,

This is true but ty PAing on serveral machines or changing machine configurations many times.
Right now my X10 and X11 software has been put on MS's must call to activate list AND IT'S ALL LEGAL SOFTWARE.
You don't even want to go there.
Kindest Regards,
Rick P.♦

Posted 5 years ago

JonMCC33

You can change configuration all you want. It doesn't invalidate the license. ^_^ You don't need the same version of Windows across all computers. Use Vista on your main machine if you want. Haha!

Posted 5 years ago

JadeEmperor

@Aleeve,

np. i've used bleeding edge before (although beta is not bleeding edge) and it's this past months that i've only remained in XP for my games. :-)

btw, i've upgraded to Vista now in line with the forum's flavor.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix

@JonMCC33,
Obviously you have had little contact with MS.
Appreciate your "home spun" comment, but I'll be the one to determine how our network and systems run.
Rick P.♦:)

Posted 5 years ago

SarahJames

OK, I definitely don't spend enough time online - Rino, that is so sweet ... (blushing and looking shy)

I just got me this PC, but it all looks nice now, icons sorted, names recased, wallpaper ok, animated background from time to time. Not much to do anymore ....
So when Windows 7 comes out, well, who knows. If I can afford it (the big question always LOL), I will get me a new PC and have all the fun of finding out how to make it look like it actually belongs to me:)
Need to keep myself busy, right?
And of course I'd keep you all posted on how to do those nice little visuals LOL.
.... dreamin' dreamin' dreamin' .... (huge grin added).

Cheers,
Sarah.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.