The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Im horrible with computers and need help

(5 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by goofedup
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 432 times

goofedup

so i downloaded a pirated version of minecraft a while ago, loved it, decided i wanted to buy the game, went to minecraft.net and kept getting the oops error, read on a major minecraft forum that the problem was that the pirated version, which i thought i got rid of, was keeping him from accessing the website. From what ive gathered i think im supposed to go to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host so i did that, apparently im supposed to access the code in notebook and then delete it and save and then everything should be fixed, well, i did that, clicked save, and then a message popped up saying this "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\host.txt
You dont have permission to save in this location
Contact the administrator to obtain permission

Would you like to save in the My Documents folder instead?
YES or NO" and it doesnt do anything, if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated, because i have absolutely no idea what im doing.

Posted 2 years ago

oliverpowell

Double check your firewall settings and make sure that It's preventing you to access minecraft website. Alternatively, You should uninstall the current gaming version and download/install the games available on the minecraft official website. That would be the most probable solution.

Good Luck!!

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark

goofedup ,

We do not help with pirated software here.

Posted 2 years ago

goofedup

i tried to go to minecraft.net and i get an error message everytime, i dont know how i can fix this

Posted 2 years ago

Scott

Sorry goofedup, as mentioned above, we do not assist
with issues resulting from pirated software. Closing.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.