The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - i'm a new computer user and i need some help with basic operations

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by DawnReneePR
  • Latest reply from DawnReneePR
  • Topic Viewed 588 times

DawnReneePR

i'm new to the computer and have recently gone back to college....i need to know if there is someplace on my comp where i can type and save a rough draft of a report i have due? Also, what is wordperfect? I know these are probably dumb questions for u guys, but i really need some help. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Posted 2 years ago

Superevil

If you're looking for basic document creation you can try Wordpad. If you're using Vista you can type wordpad into the search box at the bottom of the Start Meenu to open it or go to All Programs>Accessories>Wordpad. Wordperfect I can't give you too much info on as I've never used it.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Word Perfect is a lesser used Office Suite. If it came with your computer then Use it. I would not recommend buying it as long as there are several good free ones available. Libre Office will be compatible with all your rich friends Microsoft Office.

Posted 2 years ago

DawnReneePR

Wow.....thanx guys. Both of these answers were equally helpful. I'm downloading Libre Office now, so we'll see how that goes. Thank you both!

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.