SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Disability Tech

If you had a disability how would you access either a computer or the internet?

(11 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by jmeeks49
  • Latest reply from jmeeks49
  • Topic Viewed 1170 times

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

From time to time i will be doing sort of like a Q&A session just to see what people would do if they had to face a disability that may have crop up in a period of time. If anybody has any questions for me or anybody else please just ask but please, if you do ask please be respectful when asking.

John

Posted 2 years ago

AkDak

Hi John

Looking for a way for a person with Motor Nuerone Disease Affecting the arms, to continue accessing the ipad2. Went to the Apple store and unfortunately they weren't much help
AkDak

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Sorry John, I thought I had replied to this. Very much depends on the problem, and where you are, and how much money you have.

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

LH,

Very true, but i didn't want to invade someone's privacy on how much they had or anything like that. I just thought i would try to create some buzz for this forum.

john

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

AkDak,

You might want to google assistive technology for the ipad2. i am a PC person so, i wouldn't know where to direct you i will try to find out some information for you in the next couple of days.

john

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

I guess it depends on the disability. I have a poor vision problem. But fortunately there are a lot of Windows tools and options that help me to operate relatively normally.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Apple iPad 2 Accessibility Features Review

Here is the link to the iPad and Accessibility Review.

http://www.disabled-world.com/.....ipad-2.php

The carriage tray keyboard as shown in this picture might prove helpful.

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

John,

Would this be any help to akdaks request :

http://simonface.webstarts.com/recipes.html

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

ANY MOD is allowed to give out my Phone Number and E-mail 24 hours per day in order to
help ANYONE with a disability.

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

http://forum.mndassociation.or.....o-further-)&s=6916b1f0910510297928ddd77d6c8b58 Maybe something here might help. You have probably search alternatives but, we try to help.

Posted 2 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

@Rick @Whs @Warlock @Gs @LH

Guys, i can't thank yall enough for making this forum a success this what i have been wanting for ages to get the awareness out about disabilities of all kinds. again thank you.

@GS, yes i think it would hopefully he can benefit from it.

@Warlock good info.

john

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!