The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

iexplorer

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Mystiques
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 1247 times

Mystiques

Hi! guys i have this problem i have got 4 iexplorer.exe running on my machine and they r eating up my memory.Need ur help to end the processes coz everytime i end up the processes they keep on coming up again.

And one more question i have stopped Bounjour service but the next time i cheched out the services running on my machine it was restared again

Kindly assist

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Four iexplorer.exes is not unusual. Depends on what you are running. Bonjour is a different matter. That is a dog to remove. You can try this procedure.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Mystiques, it's normal to have multiple iexplore.exe processes when running Internet Explorer 7 or 8. IE8 will start one iexplore.exe instance for the browser and an additional iexplore.exe for each tab or tab group. If you are on IE8 and have 4 iexplore.exe processes running, that should be 3 tabs or tab groups currently open. This is a good feature because one tab/tab group can crash and not take any others with it.

How much memory are these processes using? IE8 should not be that much of a memory hog.

BTW, I'm assuming that you are referring to Internet Explorer's process which is called "iexplore.exe", not "iexplorer.exe" (with an 'r' at the end). If you actually have processes named "iexplorer.exe", that is probably malware.

Posted 5 years ago

Mystiques

hey thnx for your reply i have also observed that too.

Posted 5 years ago

JHubbard92
JHubbard92

You can kill all iexplore.exe processes at once by doing this.

Jordan

Posted 5 years ago

drcruzn

A work around is to create a batch file as follows
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
%windir%\system32\taskkill.exe /F /IM iexplore.exe /T
exit
Create in a folder then create a shortcut to your desktop. This way you can change the icon to something other than a dos bat file

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

drcruzn hi. Thanks for your input, but this thread is over 2 years old.And is now closed.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.