SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - IE9 will not prompt me to “ask me before saving passwords” for Juno eMail

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by XXX
  • Latest reply from XXX
  • Topic Viewed 631 times

XXX

Please help – You guys have never failed me yet :)

IE9 will not prompt me to “ask me before saving passwords” in Juno eMail Its not functioning

Before I started using Windows 7 I used to clear history then re-start and it would work - restoring the prompt.
But now with Windows 7 it wont do it.

So - In IE9 using Juno email on HP lap Windows7 Home Premium 32 bit.

After first going to tools and content and settings I click all the proper boxes – cleared everything – shut down – re-start – BUT still no prompt to save my Juno password so that I do not have to enter it every time.

Other attempted remedies include going to regedit to Intelliforms “ask user” to re-set value to 0 but it was already at 0

My most recent attempt was to follow this advice BELOW but it was a NO GO – the settings were already set to “yes” on both boxes labeled “save password and forms” etc. And I don’t know what PWASK.REG (see below) is so I just went to regedit and clicked CURRENT USER ETC.

“If Internet Explorer doesn't ask you to remember passwords, you can alter this behavior by running the following PWASK.REG file: REGEDIT4
REGEDIT4

I went here with no luck ---> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"FormSuggest PW Ask"="yes"

Posted 2 years ago

XXX

Can someone here give a link for this so I can just load it in like I always do from this website?

PWASK.REG file: REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"FormSuggest PW Ask"="yes"

There are many views on this but no help yet :)

Posted 2 years ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Try uninstalling IE9 and reinstalling it...probably quicker than trying to find the cause.

Click on start > In Search Box type: windows update > Click View Update History > At the top click Installed Updates > Scroll down to IE9 entry and click on it then click Uninstall that appears in the blue bar at the top next to Organise. After uninstalling, If not prompted, I would reboot then download IE9 again.

Tony

Posted 2 years ago

XXX

Tony - I went there and IE9 was not on the list............all the updates were Microsoft security and some for Microsoft Office, Silverlight, and Microsoft Works - 122 of them
No reference to IE9............I will Google "uninstalling IE9."

So I then went to CONTROL PANEL from --appwiz.cpl which was the same as your solution only from Control Panel Window and found it that way/
Will do it now ................thanks

Posted 2 years ago

XXX

FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT...............GO TO COMPATABILITY VIEW
as soon as I did that the prompt to save password appeared................

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

XXX

COMPATIBILITY

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!