How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - IE9 32 bit version not showing/available

(26 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by amicipat
  • Latest reply from Hermitt
  • Topic Viewed 1766 times

Xhi
Xhi

You can also right click on the very top of the window and select minimize.

If it is at F11 full screen you will have to hit F11 to get it back to a regular window before minimizing.

Posted 1 year ago

amicipat

Hi, I just worked through everything as suggested, and re-started, re-stored and I eventually had the correct IE9 32 bit up and working. Actually, I still do not have any IE showing in the all programs, so not sure exactly where that is, but it is working ! and it is 32 bit as shown in the screen shots above.

Just tried minimizing from the taskbar and right clicking on the top and hey presto, both options work, so I am quite happy to get to do it either way. It is the square box button on the top right that will not minimise.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

"It is the square box button on the top right that will not minimise."

It shouldn't, that changes from windowed to fullscreen. If you already are fullscreen it will appear to do nothing.

The 3 buttons are from left to right, a dash, empty square, and a red X. The dash (-) does the minimize to the toolbar.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

If the empty square button in the top right corner does nothing that means your window has been manually resized to the max.
To change it so you can see what it does, click that button so that it shows the empty square, then place the mouse pointer at the top of the screen until you see the resize arrows then left click and drag the top of the window down. Do the same on the left or right side of the window until you have it resized to about one half the screen size. Now when you click the empty square button the window will go full screen. click it again and the window will resize to half screen size.
WHEW!! That is my simple explanation. If you want the looooong explanation just let me know. lol

Jim

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

amicipat

Many, many thanks Hermitt, that did the trick, and, again thank you to you all for your help through all this, following all the various steps from you all has restored my IE9.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

You are more than welcome, amicipat.

Best wishes to you and yours,
Jim

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!