How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

IE10 - No text in title bar

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by AndrewBingham
  • Latest reply from Fhirkin9
  • Topic Viewed 2985 times

AndrewBingham

Using Windows 8 with IE10

There is no text at all in the IE10 window title bar. Ever.

The registry value "Window Title DOES exist in both
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

My IE9 in Windows 7 as well as my IE10 in Windows 8 has no title bar. Perhaps there is not supposed to be one. The registry entries could just be for IE8 and below.

IE10 - Windows 8

IE9 - Windows 7

Posted 1 year ago

Sarris

Classic Shell's Classic IE9 settings restored mine in W7, both IE9 & IE10.

I don't use W8, so you'll have to try it out.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Just a question. Why is it important to have a title on the title bar? What am I missing since I obviously have not had one for a year or so. I know when I am in IE what else could it tell me?

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9

There are some add ons that will enable the toolbar in IE10, but not while it is running as an App in the Metro side, that version of IE10 does not support add-ons. Perhaps if we understood why you need the title bar? I know I needed to add it in Win7 on a different machine. I am not sure I can name the add-on, and I have not tested the add-on I used in Win7 yet.

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9

The name of the toolbar is "Quero" it can be found at Quero toolbar add-on enables title bar. Please create a restore point prior to installation, I have not tested it in Win 8 Pro but it works well in Win 7 Pro. What I really like about Quero (in Win 7 Pro) is that, you enable it for the first session of the day, have it display the title bar, then when you disable Quero, the title bar information will continue to display until you turn off your PC!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.