The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

IE10 Modern - Can't run Sudoku

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by rzidle
  • Latest reply from rzidle
  • Topic Viewed 626 times

rzidle

Is it possible? I have to switch to IE10 Desktop in order to run a NY Times Sudoku puzzle. It will not open in IE10 Modern interface. Perhaps it requires a plug-in that Windows 8 won't allow.
Does anyone have a solution, or am I out of luck? Thanks, BZ

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

rzidle, Your post is confusing. You say "I have to switch to IE10 Desktop in order to run a NY Times Sudoku puzzle." Then you say "It will not open in IE10 Modern interface." I take it that IE10 is your browser don't know what a Modern interface is.

Is this correct?
You are running Windows 8
You are using IE10 as your browser

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

In Windows 8 the browser runs differently from the Modern (Formerly called Metro) Interface than the desktop interface. There are two different IE10s one in the interface and one on the desktop. There are differences in the way they work and the add-ons they support.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Thanks Xhi, Learning something here again. Sorry to interrupt.

Posted 1 year ago

rzidle

Xhi, I appreciate that the interfaces are different. But what, if anything, can be done to make the NYTimes Sudoku puzzle work in the modern interface? If you or anyone else has been able to make it work in the modern interface, let's figure out what needs to be done in my system. If no one has been able to run the puzzle, than we might assume there is some block on a needed plugin that doesn't exist in the desktop version. I hope you'll look further into this problem, as I have tried many configs and have not found one that works. Thanks again. BZ

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!