How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

ID3 program

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by firbec
  • Latest reply from shameful
  • Topic Viewed 1216 times

firbec
firbec

Is there any program (Vista), which knows to OFF ID3 tag for many .mp3 files at the same time ?

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

firbec, I remember that you asked this question before. Sorry, but I meant to respond to your previous post.

Can you explain what you mean by "off"? Do you mean turn off temporarily or delete them permanently from the .mp3 files. I'm going to take a guess that you want to edit multiple MP3 files. If so, pretty much every "audio jukebox" program will do this. RealPlayer, iTunes, MediaSource, JetAudio, even WMP11 has an organizer. In WMP, for example, you can add files to the organizer under the library tab, then select multiple files and modify the author tag, genre, etc. There are also programs primarily for editing tags. One that I've used which is quite popular is MediaMonkey: http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Posted 6 years ago

firbec
firbec

On link bellow I will show you, what I really want.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5021/idob2.jpg

1. This 3 files are in my explorer and they named, how I like,
2. If I open in WMP or WinAmp, they looks diferent because ID3 tag is ON.
3. So in WinAmp I select all files (3 are just to show you, normaly I work with many files at the same time), then right click and VIEW FILE INFO...
4. Then I must to OFF or diselect both ID3 tag and click UPDATE for each file (is there 500 files, this is a lot of work)
5. That´s looks like I want in WMP or WinAmp.

Because I dont use WinAmp anymore (just WMP 11 on Vista), I would like to solve this program with some other program and will be fine to diselect ID3 tag with many files at the same time.
Or is there any right click plug-in (in explorer).

Thanks for your time...

Posted 6 years ago

shameful

From what i can remmeber from a vista course i went onto last year. You can do this within explorer. highlight all the files you want to edit and then select properties of them by right clicking on them. then on the details tab you should be able to edit/remove mp3 tags for the music files. when you hit apply it will do it to all files.

However this is all from memory. Ill have to check on my vista machine when i get home tonight. Only got xp at work.

Posted 6 years ago

firbec
firbec

shameful, I cant belive, that it was so simple. You´re right, and just a few clicks and now its how I want.

Very very thankfull...

Posted 6 years ago

shameful

Glad to help :D

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.