How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

IBM T42

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by agentgb
  • Latest reply from agentgb
  • Topic Viewed 1191 times

agentgb

Hi,
My family all run IBM T series laptops, T40 & T42's, i was so impressed i bought myself a T42 instead of my Sony Vaio, mine was from Ebay, an excorporate machine, excellent condition and had never been set up from new, i installed a new hard drive and Windows XP.
Mine runs a graphics card, Radeon 9600, all the others run Radeon 7500. The difference is notacable, i seem to be tweeking mine to get the right size fonts,icons etc. All the others are fine from day one.
Do you know what the correct Bios/Icon/font settings are to give the best viewing ?
Product support

Product: ThinkPad T42 2373-Y99 [change]

Operating system: Windows XP [change]

Original description: Based on 2373-CTO: P M 735, 1GB RAM, 40GB 5400rpm HDD, 14.1 SXGA+(1400x1050) TFT LCD, 64MB ATI Radeon 9600, 24x-8x DVD(slim), Intel 802.11b/g wireless(MPCI), Modem(CDC), 1Gb Ethernet(LOM), UltraNav, Secure Chip, Fingerprint Reader, 6c Li-Ion, DOS license

Many Thanks
Agentgb

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

Are you running the machine at the native 1400x1050 resolution? Also, is the resolution different on the other laptops?

Sometimes those higher end laptops have such a high resolution that everything on the screen looks tiny. Usually in that case you'd just change the DPI setting in Windows to get larger fonts.

Posted 6 years ago

agentgb

Hi,
Yep i'm running at 1400 x 1500 resolution, the other T's in the family all run at 1024 x 768.
I've got the dpi set at 120 and icons at large.
Trouble is, if i increase the dpi to much it starts to mess up the page displays when viewing web pages, fonts will not fit in to the boxes etc they appear on.

If i set the resolution to run as the others, 1024 x 768 then it all gets rather blurry.

If this is normal for this graphics card i'll just have to live with it, it's a great machine and i could always go and buy a pair or reading glasses.

Thanks
Agentgb

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.