The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

I want to get into Web Developing. Where do I start?

(1 post)
  • Started 3 years ago by Zuelajindi
  • Topic Viewed 422 times

PARTNER SPOTLIGHT

Recommended: Clean Your PC the Easy Way with CleanMyPC

If you want to clean up your PC the easy way, CleanMyPC is a great tool to get the job done easily, and it will even keep your computer clean automatically.

Unlike the competition, it also includes great tools like a Clean Uninstaller, to get rid of applications and clean up the junk that they leave behind. All with the click of a button.

Download CleanMyPC for Free Today

Posted yesterday 
Zuelajindi

After a series of changes in major, and realizing that maybe that computer science and mathematics are not something I may be absolutely cut out for (the hardware aspect of CS, not so much, and I don't prospect averaging above a 3.00), I have always considered majoring in web development. So far, I enjoy programming. I should be in my last semester of undergrad, but I have been set so far back due to laziness and confusion with what I wanted to do. At this point, I think web development/design is something I genuinely want to do, not just the programming aspect.

So my question to you fellow, more experienced geeks is: where do I start? I am taking courses immediately next semester. Another query is this: the university has an online program for the web development. Is the fact that it is an online degree program going to lower the intuitiveness and integrity of learning the fundamentals of the path of a programmer?

Discuss, and your 2-bits are once again appreciated.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.