The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

I need a way to do a live stream of a funeral

(8 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by pn2bade
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 2175 times

pn2bade

We had a death in the family and I was wanting to do some kind of video stream of the funeral for people who can't make it. I would like to know what ways I can do this. I have an integrated webcam in my laptop, a digital video camera, and an iPhone 4 for video recording. The only computer I have available is a core i3 laptop. What would be the best way to do this? I thought about Skype, but that would require less computer savy to install Skype. Does anyone have any ideas where I could stream live video for free from any of these devices? I don't know what kind of strain that would put on the computer because there would be a lot of people viewing it at once, but I guess if it was on a website their servers would take most of the hit. Thanks in advance.

PS:the integrated webcam has pretty poor quality, and I have no way to hook up the video camera up to the computer on hand (You would use a recorder just like people use to record console video games right?) and I would be worried that the iPhone would kick off the stream... so not sure what to do there...

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

pn2bade hi. Logic would suggest that you connect a video camera to a cell phone. I can't think of any other way.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

http://www.justin.tv/ Not sure if this will help but, look into it.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

And to delve further into warlocks link : http://community.justin.tv/med.....oadcasting

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

Link was not mine just a pass on from other thread.

Posted 2 years ago

dbarker
dbarker

I have used Windows Media Encoder 9 Series. I believe it is part
of the Windows Media Encoder SDK. A quick Google search will get you to the right
place to download it.

Posted 2 years ago

zs474
zs474

vistamike
vistamike

All good ideas, but if you are to do this live, how will you connect to the internet? Tethering from the iphone might be difficult also depending on your service provider's package etc.
If you have a professional (good quality) camera, record the event and make dedicated dvd disks for those far away.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!