SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

I have a problem with Microsoft Office starter?

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Thebeholder
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 1475 times

Thebeholder

Hello,
I would respectfully like to ask anyone to help me with this problem which is:

I have open the Microsoft Office starter and then I have been informed that there is new updates of it, so I have proceeded with this. However, when I let it do this, I noticed that Microsoft Office starter didn't open and gave me this letter whose screenshot is below from time to time. I have awaited in order the downloads complete. However, I didn't see any progress.
In addition, when I opened any office file, I notice this message below and I noticed that there isn't any progress in the downloading.

Also, if the Microsoft file opened, I noticed it unresponsiventive after a little while and then returned and so on. Also, the message below keeps showing me while the file is unresponsiventive .
In brief, when I click on any command (feature), such as(any options from the file menue or insert menue in any Microsof file for the first time, I notice that the message below.

I hadn't this problem before I have agreed the message which said to me "that there Microsoft Office Strater available, would you like to download it this" How can Iet Microsof starter return to what it was before I let updates start?

I would appreciate it if you help me.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual

not sure if this is the same version as the one you mentioned but ...
How to Repair, Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft Office Starter

also noticed it seems that everything started after an update. you can try to run a sys restore but theres no guarantee it will fix the problem as the sys restore wont necessarily undo updates ... if you know the exact update (might be able to tell from the dates installed) you might be able to uninstall the update. either way this is the perfect time to remind you to always run an image before updates (i do it before updates of any kind) cause if something like this happens you can restore from an image and be back up and running in 1/2 hour. then you can selectively run updates until you find the culprit. dont mean that to sound like an "i told you so", only FYI.

for sys restore: Using Windows 7 or Vista System Restore
for xp : Using System Restore in XP

for a good imaging program : Macrium

Posted 1 year ago

Thebeholder

Thank you so much indeed,
I have really had a Macrium Image. However, I would like to know what might caused this problem. Why did the updates not downloaded properly?
Besides, why do I see that Microsoft office don't open at all when I am not connected to internet and I was asked to check my internet? However, when I am connected to internet I see the Microsoft opens. But unfortunately I see that it keeps showing me the same last message even if I am connected to internet to a long period of time. I think it has enough time to .download the updates required

Posted 1 year ago

Thebeholder

But could you please reply my last enquiry

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

There are probably no good answers to your questions, other than it just did not work. My recommendation would be to restore the system to an earlier condition and avoid the updates to Office Starter

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.