SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

I HATE MY CAMERA! I HATE JUST ABOUT EVERY CAMERA IVE OWNED!

(17 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by vistual
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 678 times

vistual
vistual

i have a kodak easyshare m583 that i picked almost a year ago maybe, or so. i have tried switching between all the different settings, have tried to keep a steady hand, have tried to keep a steadier hand, have taken more than one pic of the same subject, have taken more than one pic of the same subject in different angles, have tried pressing the button slow, have tried pressing it fast, have tried to keep from slamming this !!#$%*&%$#! and no matter what almost every time its the same! of all the shots and angles and tries i might be lucky to get maybe one or two that might actually be worth considering to keep.

Posted 1 year ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Calm down Vissy, drop the gun.. It's not worth it!

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Nice shot though.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Kodak M583

"Become the envy of all your friends with this sleek and stylish 8X wide-angle camera. Capture your whole entourage, then share the fun simply when you press Kodak's Share button. Just press to impress. If you're going out on the town, then let the world know it. That's why the Kodak M583 is an absolute necessity .............." :) :)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Now I want one. Without the bullet holes .

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

Moving to Buy/Sell Forum....kidding.....but it does need some action.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

You could have had my Sony! http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=2

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Got a Nikon D40 that I love. In fact I've loved about any camera I've owned ;)
Don't always get the shot I planned (hence I just stopped planning ...) but I often get nice surprises.

One of my all time favorites is this:

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Makes a change from the heads being cut off !!!

Posted 1 year ago

marks100
marks100

ha,ha, lol ... @LH classic

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

Vissy, can you share some photos so that we can see what actually is wrong?

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

"Makes a change from the heads being cut off !!! " good one!
@Mike, gonna be a while b4 i start cam shopping again.... i would love to save up for one of those in this thread, which i found pretty interesting but man these things get so pricey!

@Sarah youve had that one for a while now. isnt time to upgrade to something better / newer. good since you agree, then ship me that one. will email you my ship to add...

@Hatty,
cant tell you how much i appreciate that but i would have to upload them and link to them in a separate page cause there would be too many to stick into this thread or a post since i would want to upload more than just one or two to give good examples of my complaints. will start on that this afternoon.
p.s. i took the time to visit that link you posted in the thread i linked to above and played around with the emulator but not sure how to apply that stuff to everyday / average use, or this particular camera. i will definitely upload some and link to them though in case anybody wants to chime in with any ideas / settings that i should play around with (though i have played around with a few already).

im almost starting to believe that if i dont have one of those $uper expen$ive camera$ DSLRs, that i will never be happy with the pics i take. : (

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Vistual

Review:

"With 14 megapixels and an 8x wide-angle optical zoom, we thought the Easyshare M583 would function flawlessly and produce beautiful photos. We were quite surprised at how many photos came out blurry, even with the autofocus and image stabilizer. While the pictures that were not blurry looked great, there were just too many blurry images to forgive." http://digital-cameras.toptenr.....eview.html

Burn it, stamp on it....it's a lemon. c'est la vie. If you get another compact try and get a good Sony or Lumix.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

"theres just too many blurry images to forgive."
and thats exactly how i feel. i mean okay i understand every single one wont be a keeper but like i said i have stood there taking multiple shots of the same subject and one after the other its like i cant catch a brake. then when i THINK ive got a decent shot and it looks great in the viewer - IT LOOKS TOTALLY different once saved to my comp.!
?: /

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r.....lf-of-2012

Written by Darren Rowse, photographer and blogger extraordinaire

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

@ vistual. If you are looking for a compact camera, try the Canon SX130 IS (if you can still find one; I think Amazon still has them). The SX150 IS and the SX160 IS have replaced the SX130. Both of the newer cameras have more megapixels and longer zoom but, based on reviews, it appears the megapixels and zoom of the SX130 IS were the sweet spot for this camera series (long story why but most cameras nowadays have more zoom and megapixels than they can handle). I have no trouble getting sharp pictures in daylight. Indoors, it does better than my bigger camera when shooting without flash although the lighting has to be pretty good. It does much better indoors with the flash. It uses AA batteries so you don't have to buy and lug around proprietary batteries and chargers. I use Sanyo Eneloop prechargeable batteries with good results. I always carry a spare set of batteries and have never needed more than the one set. I like this camera because it fits in my purse (it also fits in a pocket), has image stabilization (which my shaky old hands desperately need), uses SD cards, and uses the same batteries that most of my other equipment use, cutting down on the number of spares and chargers needed.

@ Scott. Great site! Thanks for the link!

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

@ Vissy, if you get me a new Nikon D700 I'll gladly ship you my D40 :)

To solve your problem at the moment: try a smaller memory card.
My Traveller camera (my little take to go thingy ;D) officially supports 8GB cards, but I use 1 or 2GB at most.
Significally speeds up the camera and so reduces the amount of blurry pics.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!