How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - I get redirected to a website or websites with ads on them

(33 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by AnnaQuezada
  • Latest reply from AnnaQuezada
  • Topic Viewed 774 times

warlock
warlock

http://windows.microsoft.com/e.....s-download Many here use and recommend this one. Are you using anything now?

Posted 1 year ago

AnnaQuezada

At the moment none . Unless you count CC cleaner as one & the ones I downloaded . (Malwarebytes & SScleaner)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Since you do not have a conflicting antivirus installed download and install the one I linked to above. It is free and does a good job.

Posted 1 year ago

AnnaQuezada

Will do , thank you .

Posted 1 year ago

amkeew
amkeew

Ran the mbar. It identified four rootkit issues. But it could not resolve them because the system crashed each time. I even tried doing one rootkit at a time. But no go. Plenty of memory dump each time and it took Ccleaner about 10 minutes each time to clear the dump.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@amkeew, Not really sure why you are on this thread. If you are having a problem please start you own topic.

Posted 1 year ago

amkeew
amkeew

It's the same topic about root kits removal. Relax.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

amkeew MBAR is still in Beta format, best to use SAS at present and tell MBAM about the issue so they can fix it.

Posted 1 year ago

AnnaQuezada

Yesterday I ran the SAS and it detected 22 and got rid of them today it's saying 145 & still detecting , oh no . What does that mean ?

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

They maybe tracking cookies, check when it's finished by clicking on the + symbol inside a box next to the 'issues'.

Posted 1 year ago

AnnaQuezada

So does that mean yesterday they didn't get rid of them ? I also ran Microsoft security essentials and that didn't detect anything .

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Tracking cookies aren't harmful, they are just cookies that get used by websites for advertising purposes and log in sessions things like that. Nothing to worry about.

It's when it appears in Red and says things like Critical.Hijacker.blah blah, that's when you worry :)

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

AnnaQuezada

Okay good , Thank you very much (:

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!