The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

I can't open my usb flash drive

(14 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by junjuramesh
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 18937 times

junjuramesh

I can't open my flash drive. When I inserted it to my computer it would just appear a removable disk in "my computer" and then when I tried to open it tells that there is no disk on the dirve.

I tried to open it after changing the Drive letter by using disk management.

But it couldn't.

Can this be fixed? what should I do to open it so that I can Use it again.

Hope you can help me with this problem. thanks!

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

junjuramesh hi, try a diffrent port, then click on 'computer' if you see your removeable usb, r/click on it from the dropdown that appers rename the letter to say F or what you like , exit computer screen go to the disconect icon(remove safely) in the taskbar pop-up,... can you see it now! post back
ps, when you insert the 'usb'does it say .. installing driver,your device is ready to use, or your device did not install properly?

Posted 4 years ago

junjuramesh

Hi marks100, Thanks for your quick responce.

I tried in all ports available in my computer. when I insert the usb, the tray icon for safe removal is not appearing. I tried what u told to rename the usb, after renaming the usb, I just clicked at eject in the menu for the right click on the usb drive. It is removing safely and I can able to see the Safe remove icon when removing it. And after I again inserted that, no safe remove icon....just a removable disk drive icon appearing in Mycomputer.

Here I am attaching the image of "my computer". Now u can get an idea...

Posted 4 years ago

marks100
marks100

try this: click start... type in search box 'auto-play' at list drop down look right down bottom of list under devices click the drop down bar and click ''open device to view files useing windows explorer'' see if it shows up then .
mark.EDIT: are you right clicking on you usb in computer screen, then left clicking on it ? (sorry not saying your not just cheaking :)

Posted 4 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

emie hi. Please can you post your problem in a New Topic.

Posted 3 years ago

emie

Hi! Can someone help me about my USB. I need it for school for this monday and I need a fast help. As you see on the picture, I cannot open my USB.

I tried all of the programs but I can't open it!!!
Is on the USB a virus or something other? This is emergency, please help me.

Here is the picture:

I don't know did I put the picture. it's my first time.

Posted 3 years ago

emie

Posted 3 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Emie, please,
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....ost-240421

Posted 3 years ago

emie

I posted the picture on your facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/TheHowToGeek

Posted 3 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

That is The Geeks facebook page. It is nothing to do with the forum. Please follow my instruction, that I have posted twice above.

Posted 3 years ago

emie

OK

Posted 3 years ago

emie

Ok,I don't know how to post thepicture.Never mind. I'll write everything. When i opened "My computer" I opened "Removable disk (F)".Then I needed to pick the program to open it. I tried all of the programs but it didn't work. I cannot open the USB and put the files I want.That's all.

Posted 3 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

emie. Look near the top, or near the bottom of the forum page. You will see a button marked New Topic. Please click on it, and type in your problem.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.