I cant install my audio drivers in windows 7

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by bestroos17
  • Latest reply from Kelen
  • Topic Viewed 637 times

bestroos17
bestroos17

Hello Dear

When I installed windows 8 pro 64 bit then changed back to windows 7 ultimate 64 bit now i cant install my sound drivers from my PC DVDs came with it and I get this when i click on the Setup file .

Thanks

Regards

Filipe

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Go to the manufacturer's web site, support/downloads and download the drivers there.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Might be better to do this from device manager, if there is a yellow exclamation mark, click update driver.

Is you machine a Sony? Have you tried downloading the driver from their site?

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Have you tried copying the driver file to your desktop and then running it?

Tony

Posted 1 year ago

bestroos17
bestroos17

Hello Dear

On the device manager I found a exclamation mark then I tried to update and I get this and my computer manufacturer website is http://www.cougar-extreme.co.uk/

Regards

Filipe

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Check the website of your motherboard or the maker of your sound card if this is a special built system. You should be able to find these details by running a Belarc Advisor.

Posted 1 year ago

silhouttejames

Do you have any signs of errors in the sound area of Device Manager?

Are you doing your uninstall/re-install attempts through Device Manager or some other method?

I use Realtek onboard sound and cannot recall any particular difficulties with the control panel.

Do you have Realtek entries in the regular "sound" control panel?

Posted 1 year ago

Kelen
Kelen

Cougar-Extreme is a reseller not a manufacturer. You will need to check your specs or use something like Belarc Advisor like Xhi suggest. Judging by your screen shots Your board is probably from ASRock, since I see ASR listed in your drives. Figure out what board you got and go to the board makers website for drivers.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.