The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

I Cannot have Windows Media Player for Windows 7

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by GoldenQueen
  • Latest reply from ruthackermann
  • Topic Viewed 713 times

GoldenQueen

Well I did it ...the big step to Windows 7 ..not a walk in the park ...
One problem among others;
I try to download (find the download I should say) for Windows Media Player for Windows 7
I went to Microsoft download ...I look up at some answer of my own (Big mistake here )
So.. I come here as usual then ..there are lots of chances I find somebody to help me out.

Why do we put our self in so much troubles ..we will never know
One thing I know ..its I often talk about "HowToGeek" to many of my colleagues ..friends
people I meet here and there ...meaning to Everybody ...if there are soo many members ..I am sure
some are from my ..telling them so ...

Thank you again and again to help me out ...and again ..if I can help you in some other
areas ..I will be more than oblige... (like in law...translation english to french etc.

YourCanadianFriend Goldie :)

Posted 4 years ago

ruthackermann

http://www.microsoft.com/downl.....cef9b414c4 This is a link for the download, you might click the getting started guide on you pc start menu it may be there also

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue

why do you have to download windows media layer? and what version are you trying to download, with Win7 it comes pre-installed, hmmm, that might be depending on version of 7, do you have home, premium or ultimate?
in ultimate is comes pre-installed.

Posted 4 years ago

GoldenQueen

ruthackermann :) Thank you so much ruth ...I will try that one and hope it worked

Mickeyblue :) You are right but...in that computer it tells me that ( I have or have not ) need an analogue driver...
whatever they mean ...
Some DVD work and some dont because of that Analogue thingie

Goldie :)
Back to the drawing board Ifeel ...

Posted 4 years ago

ruthackermann

mickeyblue
A friend of my has a new laptop, premium, had to download media player, windows mail photo gallery, etc I think it depends on the size of hard drive

Posted 4 years ago

ruthackermann

mickeyblue.
Did you have to special order the ultimate version? what size hard drive do you have? I am thing about buying a laptop with windows 7, I have not found any version but home and premium,
Thanks Ruth

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue

hey, well in ultimate its not Dependant on the size of your HD, i think its a ultimate only bundle i guess, not too sure, ill look it up.
i have 2 x 500GB. im in China, went down to the local market and got win7 ultimate. check newegg.com, they should have it there.

Posted 4 years ago

ruthackermann

mickeyblue
I think the shopping there must be better, I have looked on the web and my local stores, I have not found any laptop that has ultimate, Thank you for the information, You might be right about the bundle I will check newegg.com
Thanks

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.