The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

html codes

(4 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Dcw329
  • Latest reply from jmcguire
  • Topic Viewed 997 times

Dcw329

alright... my freind wants to be able to cusomize his myspace page... but hes tired of plain old preset layouts... how does he create his own html codes... what would be the code to set that pic of him in his frontyard as his background. (assuming file is located in the c: drive)... we just want some good websites with a walkthrew of the stuff... where did yall first learn it... any ideas?

Posted 5 years ago

jmcguire
jmcguire

The images would have to be stored somewhere (photobucket, imageshack, flickr, etc.). If you are going to use style type 1, there are many theme generators out there. I can't really recommend one at the moment, but I find the more simple the editor the better (less useless code you don't need).

Posted 5 years ago

Dcw329

well he wants to learn them so he can do raw codes from scratch... his just interested in the knowledge... the myspace was just an example

Posted 5 years ago

jmcguire
jmcguire

MySpace is a HORRIBLE example to learn HTML, because the majority of it is CSS and to edit it successfully, you need to know the name of the Divs that MySpace uses (which is where generators come in handy.)

If he wants to learn HTML, I suggest finding a good HTML tutorial site (W3 Schools is very nice) and making a website in notepad, though it will only be available on his computer as it will not be on the internet, but it will still work in the same way.

Once he becomes familiar with HTML, he may want to start a webpage on the Internet, and there are free and non-free approaches.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!