How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

HTG seems NOT too geeky ;)

(7 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by randomanom
  • Latest reply from randomanom
  • Topic Viewed 1224 times

randomanom

searched my Profile when editing it and can't find something like:
(email a link for new replies that relates to my input sharing)
either: for every new respond after creating a new topic
OR
if responding to others topics .. and for further responds that follows ..

not everyone uses the [RSS feed for this forum] including myself ;)
.. in fact .. i dislike it too :\

is there yet any alternatives that i'm not aware-of? OR the situation might progress to produce the "topic updating" service ..

good luck ..

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Topics that you have participated in: http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/view/my-posts
Topics that YOU started: http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/view/my-topics

On the forums main page:

Bookmark these links. You're welcome :)

EDIT: Here's a not-so-geeky tutorial I made for HTG forums. http://www.vimeo.com/14963417

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Thanks Hatty :)
No we do not have email replies.
The geeky bit is to keep looking in the forum :)

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Thanks LH, though I must say, I'm quite bad at annotating/pointing out elements in screenshots today. Dunno why.
See, i pointed out the wrong links in the screenshot. Anyway, I hope I made it clear anyway :)

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Hatty, you just had to go up one :)
But I am sure the OP gets the gist.

Posted 2 years ago

randomanom

Hatty, thanks .. very good video editing, vg translucent & animation effects, vg artificial voicing, vg font usage ..
.. R U expecting a word like: but!! :)) U bet.. ;)

but for me.. the contents are so basic .. i'm an 'old school' BBS user during my teenage years, where smileys like this :) were 1st spread at!.. before the "invention" of internet.. and where Admins were called: SysOp :))))

but again :)) that's 2 buts btw .. the video is very informative for newbies .. whom i was addressing this issue for there behalf ..

will explain it within my reply to Lighthouse ..

ps. i shot a raw video re: "killing" jealousy between dogs! and want to send u that for ur comment pls.
so.. how may i contact u?

thank u. v.m.

Posted 2 years ago

randomanom

Hi Lighthouse,

May be this is the ONLY topic in the whole HTG forum where it shouldn't be marked as solved unless it will be SOLVED for real from your part :))

quote: "No we do not have email replies"

Here is why i guess 'we' may find emailing topic updates are helpful.. from ur own words ;)
"The geeky bit is to keep looking in the forum"

i agree .. if someone is a geeky!

How about other part of the equation: the non-geekyz (and some newbiez :)

whom we wrote for them.. and they can't make a "come back" to find the solution that 'we' spent time for ..
B'cuz simply: they couldn't make it ..

why? ..

will: some are 'in 1st place' not geekyz at all.. and must be led back here by email notification.

Then, Forum might get more than 50% increased in SOLVED answers, and i guess more than 200% increased by traffic B'cuz the 2 parties of the equation are involved :))

This is what i was planing to share in this topic for the time being, and might comeback if necessary.

bye for now .. :)

ps.
"We" may mean: everyone who respond to questions with answers. Myself not necessarily included in the "WE" itself :))

EDIT:
ohhh forgive me :)) ..i don't mean emailing back the WHOLE replies.. not at all, .. just the link "if updated" as a reminder.
got it? ;)

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.