How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

HTG OS?

(12 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Beauseph
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 1243 times

Beauseph
Beauseph

Since everybody nowadays is making OS's, Maybe HTG could make a OS! I would tottally use it! It would have past troubleshooting that worked here on this site built into it for when things go down hill (Which I doubt). Just a suggestion.

Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

LOL, That is an idea. Or why not an MMORPG? There'd be epic Mods vs Spammer battles and mind bending puzzles to solve.

Posted 4 years ago

JHubbard92
JHubbard92

Well, that would be cool :-)

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

You lot are mind bending enough :)

Posted 4 years ago

Beauseph
Beauseph

I just had another thought! How about HTG makes webcast tutorial's along with the screen shots!

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

Anybody can post tutorials in the HTG tutorial section - you too.

Posted 4 years ago

Beauseph
Beauseph

I guess I could.. Make a youtube and post the link on how to do something... its an idea..

Posted 4 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Go for it :)

Posted 4 years ago

Beauseph
Beauseph

I'll start to think of topics to start on.. I was thinking like some simple Internet troubleshooting, ways a simple minded person can get back on the Internet. (Obviously not on the computer they would be on to troubleshoot) I know there are walk through's but a person would feel better if they saw it happen. I'll look into it further..

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

Here is one of the first ones I had made. Start with something simple. But you could also start with something like this. That's even simpler.

Posted 4 years ago

Beauseph
Beauseph

That is very nice video whs, how were you able to make the video? what software would be the easiest

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

I use WMCapture to capture the screen. I paid $40 for a lifetime license, but it's worth it. I tried a few freebies before, but they all had either problems or produced bad quality. For editing, I use Machete, another $20 investment. But this editor does not change the quality of your video. If you use WMM for editing, the output quality is so poor that you cannot read the typing any more. Plus it takes forever to "publish" your video with WMM - and I am lucky because I have a quad core and 2 internal disks. With lesser equipment it takes even longer.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!