How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

HTG improvements

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Scott
  • Latest reply from jd2066
  • Topic Viewed 1148 times

Scott
Scott

The Geek is testing some new BBPress plugins this weekend and the site may experience very brief interruptions.

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I've upgraded the underlying forum software, but I'm still fixing some things.

The unread posts are going to be confused for a while... I'm switching to a different method of tracking them, but there's some problems with it currently.

Basically at the moment it will only show unread posts on topics you've already looked at... which makes no sense, but I'll fix it.

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I've tweaked the unread posts plugin a bit further... now it should mostly work correctly, but it still has a few bugs.

There are two new views: latest discussions and Statistics. The latest discussions view is basically the same as the front page, except you can page through it. In fact all the views now have paging.

The statistics page is very cool...

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

Cool views.
It still appears though the bug of the HTML output instead of what was typed (like BBcode) appearing in the edit box is still there.
Also what is with the "Support topics that are not resolved" view?
I just saw it for a few minutes and now it's gone.

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I'm still working on that html problem.

I've been trying to get this support forum plugin installed. What it does is let us set posts as support topics and mark them as solved. Unfortunately there are a quite a number of problems with it, still working on them.

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Actually I think I just solved the html problem... no more double nofollows.

There are a few cleanup things that bbpress does automatically, such as turning links into regular html... I'll take a look at it.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

I just tested making a link and does appear the nofollow bug is fixed.
There is still a problem with the code tag coming up funky when you edit a post that used it.
Also it could be helpful if the HTML tag strike was supported.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!