How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - HP smart web printing - Add-on Error

(4 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by amkeew
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 10550 times

amkeew
amkeew

I downloaded IE 8 about a few days back. After installation, during first start up, IE 8 asked for the an add-on, HP smart web printing, which I downloaded and installed.

Due to some other issues, I restored my computer (XP Pro) to an earlier date. This naturally screwed up both IE 8 and this HP smart web printing add-on. So, I reinstalled IE 8 and got it working. The HP add on would not reinstall asking for some msi file.

Now every time I open a folder on the desk top (even recycle bin), I get a small windows installer window asking

"Insert SmartWebPrintingOC disk and click OK".

I don't' have this damn disc since the original program was downloaded form the web. After I click cancel three times, this window goes away and the folder opens. And this happens with every folder I open from the desktop.

Now I have uninstalled all the HP printers from my computer. And yet, this annoying message keeps appearing. I tried to delete HP folder in C:/Program Files but it wouldn't delete saying some file is in use.

How do I get rid of this smart web printing prompt ? Thanks.

Posted 5 years ago

amkeew
amkeew

Solved - I uninstalled the HP smart web printing using add/remove programs and the prompt window is gone.

Posted 5 years ago

antonm

i've tried your suggestion but still i get the same error.. i uninstall all hp products on my computer but still i get the same error.. pls help thanks sir

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

antonm.Welcome. Please can you post your problem in a New Topic. Thanks

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.