The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

hp netbook won't load windows

(2 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by japperman
  • Latest reply from akai289
  • Topic Viewed 1525 times

japperman

After taking the Security Tools virus off of my netbook (running XP) it crashed and said there was a serious error that wouldn't allow it to open Windows. I created a bootable USB flash drive using Wintoflash and booted off of it and got into windows. Then I tried to load Windows from the USB to the netbook but there was a single file that wouldn't work (can't remember what it was and have no way of finding out). Now the black Windows start up screen will come on but it immediately goes to a blue screen that says windows is restarting and then an message that reads lsass.exe System error "invalid parameter was passed to a service or function" and it kicks me to a black screen with white writing that gives me a couple of options to try and start/load windows and debugging options. Neither works, it times out and begins the process over again of loading the black windows screen. It goes round and round.

Any ideas on this one.

japperman

Posted 3 years ago

akai289

@japperman: after taking virus off your pc-> your windows is damage. the easiest( also the most stupid in my mind) is reinstall xp with repair choice.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!