How-To Geek Forums / Linux

How to use Wordpress in Hardy

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by gaurang
  • Latest reply from JDorfler
  • Topic Viewed 1152 times

gaurang

hie all ...

i have started blogging from last month ... and i found that with help of some softwares we don't even need to go to that blogging site but we can do it offline and then can upload it ... so i downloaded and installed WORDPRESS in my ubuntu hardy ...

now , here is my problem ... after installing it , it has not created any kind of shortcuts like normally some programs do like another bloging software right now i use ,"BLOGtk " ... so i guess i have to run it via terminal ... but how ?? i don't know that ...

so if anyone know it ... it will be greatly appreciated ....

thanks in advance for help ....

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

WordPress is a PHP web application. When you install it in Ubuntu, it's for running a blog on a web server running on your computer. You would need to install a different piece of software on your computer that can talk to WordPress or other blogging software on the web site you have elsewhere and upload a post. I'm not sure what software for Ubuntu can do that but maybe someone else knows of something.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

well i do use ubuntu very regularly but i don't have my own site or do any blogging so i'm not sure about the software thing but i would like to see what it is though as i was just thinking the other week about starting to do some blogging and setting up my own site :) and i will probs be using ubuntu :)

Posted 6 years ago

JDorfler

If you still have Open Office.org on your Ubuntu, just install the Sun Weblog Publisher extension. It's now free and a lot more useful than BloGTK or other blog entry clients. Plus with the Language Tool extension you have a grammar checker as well.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.