The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

(Solved) - How to use: How-To Geek archives

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by oneleggedtramp
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 737 times

oneleggedtramp

I hope that someone will take me seriously because I have a real problem using, or trying to use The How-To Geek site.

I have been a member for a few years and used to manage to find my way around all the various subjects. The top of the page had XP, Vista, Windows 7, miscellaneous, Linux (I believe), and one or two other subjects. When I clicked on miscellaneous I would go to a page or two of subjects such as E-readers, smart phones, and other miscellaneous and it was all arranged in alphabetical order.

When I clicked on Vista (which is what I had 3 years ago), I would be taken to pages of Vista articles grouped in different Vista subjects/problems and all of them in alphabetical order and easy to find my need.

I went to the hospital and rehab and was gone for two years and now that I'm back, everything has changed. I try to find things such as "back up Windows 7" or "back up computer" and a few other word variations, first clicking on Windows and using the "SEARCH" and a hundred or more pages come up. Most of them having nothing to do with Window 7 or backing up anything! None of it is in alphabetical order.

I've tried google to try and find a way to navigate the How-To geek pages and I've tried YouTube trying to find the same, but I came up without any clues. Could someone PLEASE give me some clues, some hints, advice or anything to help me get back into the groove of finding things here? I'd really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks for your time and response, Jenny

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

The site is undergoing a major change, and at the moment, a lot of things are not working as they should. Please have patience, hopefully it will all get better.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Try using this search until things get fixed.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

oneleggedtramp

Thanks to both of you Lighthouse and Xhi. Do you know approx. how long this has been like this? I've sat for a few hours a couple of times trying to figure this thing out. When it comes to computer stuff, I know I'm far from being the sharpest knife in the drawer. But in the last several months while on this site I was wondering if the few sharp steak knives I had were swapped for butter knives! :)

Thanks again, Jenny

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Things have been going on in the background for maybe a year now. And sometimes things mess up a bit. C'est la vie :)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!