How to uninstall ...Bing!

(8 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by GoldenQueen
  • Latest reply from regtur
  • Topic Viewed 40974 times

GoldenQueen
GoldenQueen

Hello to you Nice GoodGreatGeeks :)

Like ScottW said; I am a regular customer...I suppose you guys need some people like me ...
to keep you busy ...well I am sure you have more important things to do ..but...
You are nice enough to help me out and I am in debt with you guys...
I would like to uninstall Bing ..long story short I wont go into details but...I cannot
find how to uninstall Bing ..because I cannot find it anywhere ....
I read that: go to the search "thingies" and from there etc...
Well I dont know where is that ...searching thingie I am suppose to go to uninstall Bing ..
Could you help me out please

YourCanadianFriend Goldie :)

Posted 5 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Hello GoldenQueen, are you referring to Microsoft Bing the search engine? If so just go to the search engine (Google, Yahoo etc) you prefer and set it as 'homepage' in options and BINGO!
Mike

Posted 5 years ago

GoldenQueen
GoldenQueen

Hello vistamike and thank you for your input...
Yes I am talking about Microsoft Bing
Sorry here but...I dont get it ....
How I can get "Bing" uninstall ...if I cannot find where to uninstall it?

My home page IS google.com ...hum ..I am soo s**** lol

Thank you but......I dont get it ..I am slowwww

Goldie :)

Posted 5 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Ok, but it would seem you may be running IE8 (not happy with it at all) (but that is just personal of course!!). I did have this problem in IE8 but it would appear everyone has different experience with updates for IE8.
This link may help: http://www.fettesps.com/?p=232

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Hi, Goldie! Because you are a regular, I know that you are running Firefox. In the Search bar of Firefox, there is a little down arrow (▼) next to the search icon. Click on the icon or the arrow, then select "Manage Search Engines". This will bring up a new window with a list of all the search engines that you have installed. Select Bing, then click the "Remove" button. You can also change the order of the other search engines and add or remove any others that you have. If that is not the Bing that you were trying to remove, let me know.

I would like your help explaining the law about trademark infringement to our friend, jack7h3r1pp3r, in this thread. Thanks.

Posted 5 years ago

GoldenQueen
GoldenQueen

I am very sorry for the delay ...here in the province of Québec its vacation for almost the whole place..
for 15 days... not much is getting done.
After the explanations you give to your "friend" jack7r3r1pp3r, I don't see what I should add
in my judgment you are right on the "trademark law" here.
Plagiarizing can go up to ..yes..death penalty, its a very serious offense. Taken to easily by many...
Its something that is "huge" in computer land. Unfortunately its something that happen to often...

Those who are getting caught can pay the price in time and/or money. Those who think they can do something like that
with impunity should think again.
This is why when I was in law school...we always had to give the source from whom we cited...

Alternatively, if you use a picture in a book and you did not gain permission to use the book, you have violated copyright law because you did not source the artist and you did not get permission from the artist to use the picture or paid for it. If you are dealing with the written word, either academically or as a profession, it is a good idea that you only use your own words. It was probably easier to get away with plagiarism 100 years ago, but it is not that easy today. The chances are very high that if you are caught plagiarizing and breaking copyright laws, you will be caught. Not only is it embarrassing, but it can cost you a bundle in a lawsuit.

I could go on here but..it will be boring for a few. ScottW it shows how honest you are and you want to pass it along to your young friend here. It always pay to be honest...at the end its the honest
who won ...others pay the price.
Was this you wanted to do from me ..or something more serious.
You already had the serious said anyway :)

YourCanadianFriend Goldie :)

ps: As your regular customer ...I have a few problems of my own they are computer related tought lol ..nothing you cannot fix

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Goldie, that's perfect, thank you. As an engineer, I have had some training in IP law issues that affect engineers, but I was looking for a second opinion from someone with a more formal education.

What I find even more fascinating is that Quebec closes down for 15 days! What is that all about? Is it a holiday or celebration? Spring cleaning? I can just imagine what happens if someone comes to visit: "Hello! Welcome to Canada. We are sorry, but Quebec is currently closed. Please come back during our normal business days. Bonjour! Bienvenue à Canada...."

Posted 5 years ago

regtur

I am using Google. I am running IE8 32-bit. Here is the answer on how to get rid of the Bing plugin in Internet Explorer 8. This procedure works in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, but I assume it works the same in any version of Windows:
• Click on the ”down arrow” at the top right
• “Manage search providers”
• “Find more search providers”
• Select Google > close the window
• Right click on Google
• Set as “Default”
• “Move Up” so that Google becomes number 1 in the “listing order”
Also mark “Prevent programs from suggesting changes to my default search providers”
Close

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!