The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

How to unblock things my roomate did?

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Jonathanwk
  • Latest reply from germ-x
  • Topic Viewed 964 times

Jonathanwk

My roommate thought it would be funny if he blocked Facebook on my computer. I suspect he also blocked my Xbox360 from connecting to the network. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to unblock these things. When I go to Facebook, it says Problem loading page: The Connection was Reset. I think he has it set so any time I go to facebook, it redirects me to a dead page. With the Xbox, it won't connect to the internet either wirelessly or via Ethernet cable, yet my computer has the internet on the same network, so I think he may have done something with the router to block Xbox Live. Anyone know where I can start looking? I use Firefox, but Facebook is blocked on IE too, so I don't think he did it on the browsers. I also tried looking in C: > Windows > System 32 > Drivers > Etc > hosts to see if he had it blocked, but it's not in there.

Posted 4 years ago

robb
robb

If you have a router, he may have done something the router setup.
If you know the admin password, you can check it.
Open a browser and browse to your router (usually 192.168.1.1)
Depends on the model of your router.
Get the model and Google it for the IP address to browse to. Also, unless he changed the password, the default may work. Google that too.
Hope this helps...not a very nice thing to do to you....

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x
germ-x

Can you bypass your router? If so see if you can connect directly to your modem. This will either eliminate your router or allow you to go to home depot and purchase a baseball bat for your funny friend.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!