(Solved) - How to turn off WLAN in D-link router ?(17 posts)
- View Accepted Answer
- Remove Solved Status
LH is Correct.
1. Connect a LAN cable to the wireless router.
2. Type in http://192.168.1.1 OR your modified address to get into the router.
3. On the Wireless Tab screen menu, Disable wireless mode and click save.
4. A screen will come up with a confirmation message and then revert back to configuration mode.
5. Go into the computer Network Connections and Disable the Wireless Adapter.
6. Go into the computer Services and Disable Wlan Auto Configuration Service.
7. Reboot the machine and check the logs.
8. Their may be more Auto Tasks which need Disabling according to the O/S one is running.
This takes care of both the Router and the Machine Wireless Adapter.
GOOD idea !!!!
I use to run my wireless systems wide open without any protection what so ever when I was the only one in town that used wireless.
Now, everyone has wireless networking so I just use Hard Wired LANs myself now.
I can even piggy back on others wireless networks if I wanted to but I play by the rules. (LOL)
This topic has been closed to new replies. Please create a new topic instead.