SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

How to transfer music from my old iPod Touch to computer?

(10 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by bejph
  • Latest reply from spiderlucci
  • Topic Viewed 15626 times

bejph

I've been trying to figure out how to transfer the music from my ipod to my computer as i just got a new one. The old Ipod is a generation 2 Ipod touch, and i just got new iTouch
Thanks for the help!

PS: My OS is Windows 7.

Posted 2 years ago

scorpion99

why don't you install "itunes"????
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Posted 2 years ago

jewr

You won't be able to transfer music from your iPod to your computer through iTunes. It's Apples way of stopping you from file sharing. However, you could download some freeware such as media widget:

http://www.easyipodtransfer.co.....pAodwDdXoQ

If it's music that you've purchased directly from the iTunes store, you'll be able to log into your account from iTunes and download the music again at no extra cost.

edit by mod- The above is not freeware but trialware with absolutely no mention of cost or terms.

Posted 2 years ago

Anonymous

It's not FREE, but it's worth a try if required:

http://www.imtoo.com/ipod-comp.....puter.html

Posted 2 years ago

spiderlucci

Is This Solved if not I just wanted to let you guys know there is a way to transfer your Ipod music Through Itunes.... let me know

Spider

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst

Spider, the original poster did not post back, so we don't know. Although yes, there's an easy way for that.
Please feel free to share what you know :)

Posted 2 years ago

Enthusiast

There is a utility that allows you to recover music from the iPod to the computer called Sharepod. Check out the link.

Posted 2 years ago

spiderlucci

1.Right click the strart menu --open windows explorer and go to organize--- folder and search options-- click on "show hidden files, folders, and drives. and hit OK.

2.now doulbe click your ipod-- you should see ipod-control-- doulbe click it now click Music folder "copy and paste all folders inside the music folder" it should say f00, f01, f02 make a name for a new folder that your going to transfer all these files to and put it on your desktop for now.

3.go into Itunes and click on the edit tab-preferences- advanced tab- now make sure you have check or is check mark " Keep Itunes media folder organize"
Note: make sure you know the path meaning- "Itunes Menia Folder Location" example, you will see something like this---- C:\users\me\music\itunes\itunes media hit ok

4. now you will get you folder that you made and cut and paste it inside the path I just mention... "inside Itunes media folder"
once you have your folder where it should be--- right click the F00 for example, properties and make sure hidden is uncheck.

5.go back into Itunes and click the file tab and go to" add file to Library" and go to the folder you made inside Itunes media folder again
double click f00 for example and you will see music files hit Ctrl A and hit open and it should add all the files from the f00 folder and continue every folder you see --fo1 and so on."The folder will they will disappear as you add these files" and will be in itunes.

Note: when you plug your ipod in your pc/or mac itunes may ask you to Sync ... you may want to say no for now only because it may delete your music in the ipod... at least that what i was told.

NOTE: Right click the strart menu --open windows explorer and go to organize--- folder and search options-- click on " Don't show hidden files, folders, and drives. and hit ok

Note: You may want to make copies of your music with a cd in itunes so you have back up just incase of a crash or you lose date/music... you can just put it back. the ipod is just a small hd so that can die too. Thses way nobody goes into a panic lol

Spider :)

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst

Thanks Spider, that was really helpful !
I did the same once, except that I didn't import to iTunes. I copied the music from my shuffle to my PC, and then I had to rename each and every file :O
Wasn't quite a geek then, now I am :)

EDIT: I'd suggest you have a look at the link Enthusiast posted, SharePod, it's an awesome utility.

Posted 2 years ago

spiderlucci

JUst did, I down loaded it to my pc... it may save me some time... thanks :)

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.