How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

How To Tell What Date An Article Was Published Online

(10 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by vistual
  • Latest reply from vistual
  • Topic Viewed 683 times

vistual
vistual

how does one know what date an article was published online?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Unless it is somewhere in the article or you can contact the publisher I don't think there is any other way.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

Easy, that is IF you believe the date it says it was <VBG>

Actually, it is very hard to do sometimes, EVEN if there is a listed date. No matter what you see, anything can be changed. Even if you can FTP to site and see dates on the site they might have been changed.

Other thing to try is VIEW the SOURCE, the date could be buried in there.... but it it isn't HTML, that probably might not work unless the HTML that displays it has a date.

Uhh, have you tried contacting the web site and asking?

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

hey fellas - thanks for chiming in ...
just curious as to how old these reviews are ...
http://www.goodhousekeeping.co.....w-reviews/
no i havent tried to contact them directly, but i might just do that. gonna check if theres a simple contact us / send us mail link...
thanks guys.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

well, i just noticed something ....
when i clicked on one of the "most snooze-worthy" pillows on that page, at the bottom of each review it says "Reviewed March 2011'.
have checked a few of them so far they all say same, so ......
[face palm] : \
thanks anyway guys

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

You are welcome, new products out all the time. Pillows are a topic in my house, I ruin all of them. Look like footballs when I am done with them:) Wife laughing as I type.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

footballs!!!!!
me too ... (laughing!)

quite the topic at the moment here - tired of these cheapy throw-a-ways. having trouble sleeping, both of us, so im just trying to narrow down to something better quality for us. side note - i came across this : http://www.sleeplikethedead.co.....views.html

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Last pillows we got were Cannon, can't remember the exact wording but non smashable. Or something to that effect. Still have them not too bad. If I had the money I would buy the overstuffed down.

Posted 1 year ago

samanthamason

Well if the article is written and submitted by you only then you can login into your author account on that site and can check the publication date from there.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

LOL!
gotya - thanks!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!