SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - how to take control of someones computer over the web...

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Dcw329
  • Latest reply from dwood
  • Topic Viewed 78413 times

Dcw329

ok... im quite often helping people with there computers... and i get frustrated when they really suck at describing what they are seeing... for example, i was helping a guy download a japanese ime... and he said there was some error or what-not... i had no idea what he was talking about... if i could see his screen, or take control of his computer with mine temporaraly (with user permission ofcoarse)... it would be so much easier!!! is there any way to do that...

in the end we relized he was just missing a requirement to download it... but i did know that... and if i could see his computer, (or better yet, do it myself,) it would be so much easier...

i understand this probly isnt a common request... so it may not easy to find a way to do it... but i just need a way to get control of there computer with out "them" haveing to do anything hard (because i dont want them getting confused while i try to take over, and it being just as frustrating...), even if it takes me some working for it to be done...

i dont want to do screen shots... i want a live feed... and i dont want external webcams or something like that if it had to be soully visual... i want a screen to screen... no extra hardware like a camra

but i would prefer a way to quickly and temp' take control... i dont want to set up a permanet 2 way network between us...

is there any suggestions on how to do this? im sure yall have had simular problems and have found ways to do this...

thanks for the help ahead of time

Dcw329

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Have a look here
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-easy-way/

Posted 5 years ago

Dcw329

THANKS MAN... THATS AWESOME!!!

i knew there was a way...

thats why your a moderator lighthouse... you never let me down...

Posted 5 years ago

Dcw329

ive looked into this some more now... i couldnt have asked for anything eles... its EXACTLY what i asked for... with all the features... and nothing more, nothing less... i couldnt have created this myself better... wow...

all i can say is

PERFECT!!!!

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I am happy you are satisfied :)

Posted 5 years ago

dwood

Another option is to use FREE WinRemotePC 2008 Lite from:
http://www.winsoftmagic.com/downloads.html

No need to have someone monitoring the other PC to give you the password.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!