SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

How to restore a bookmark folder for Mozilla Firefox ???

(8 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by ramo89
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 1089 times

ramo89

Hi ... i am using Mozilla Firefox, im assuming its the latest version !! lol .. i guess ...
and i was bookmarking some stuff and then deleted the folder by mistake, so i would love to know how to restore this folder which i didn't mean to delete; because i actually wanted to paste it somwhere so i cut it, and apparently it got deleted :( ....

HELP !?!?!?

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Hopefully this helps,
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

Posted 5 years ago

BobJam
BobJam

This may not help your current situation, but my "tip" may prevent future bookmark loss.

This is really simple. Before you start to mess with your bookmarks (like when you're in Organize Bookmarks and intend to rearrange them for example), just make an HTML backup first. That way, if you lose anything etc., you can always restore from the HTML backup. The link that Scott provided has the instructions for this.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Right, as BobJam points out and mentioned here,
http://www.lytebyte.com/2008/0.....markshtml/

Posted 5 years ago

BobJam
BobJam

Yes, Scott's latest link is even better because instead of doing the backup manually everytime, it shows you how to automate this HTML backup via about:config. Cool . . .

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Couldn't quickly find the Mozillazine article but that's where I originally read it.

Posted 5 years ago

JadeEmperor
JadeEmperor

or one could use, and highly recommended, foxmarks extension. now it also makes a backup of your stored passwords. :-)

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Quite true. Or Mozbackup to backup the entire profile.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!