The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - How to reset all display settings on windows 7

(8 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Designing7
  • Latest reply from Designing7
  • Topic Viewed 14746 times

Anonymous

I installed Windowblinds and I played around with the colors and setting within the program. I paid for it so I need to keep it an won't uninstall it. I just want to know how to set the "default settings" for my PC. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium with a Nvidia GeForce SE

Posted 3 years ago

demonlord
demonlord

Launch WindowBlinds and choose the Windows Aero theme then hit Apply. This is the default Windows theme.

Another way is to right-click on the system tray icon of WindowBlinds and choose Unload WindowBlinds.

Posted 3 years ago

Anonymous

I selected the Aero theme and it works. Thanks for that! Then again, I WANT to use the other themes but when I use features like 'explorer background" it looks great in the program thumbnail but it looks atrocious when I select them. I suspect that my display settings are out of whack. Please help me!

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi i would create a restore point before you start then you have a safety net just in case:) . some themes use system changing tweaks and modifications

you can get a installer to do it for you( il remember in a min lol)

mark.

Posted 3 years ago

Anonymous

Hi mark! I sure you remember the name of that installer that I could use. Thanks in advance!

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/.....mes-easily lol .... any good :)

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

to make sure everything is in order first click start .. in the search box type cmd on the icon that appears at the top of your start menu, r/click and select 'run as administrator' in the command box type sfc/ scannow then enter (note the space between c/ s let it finish at the end it should say 'system resource' found no errors :)

mark.

Accepted Answer · Posted 3 years ago

Anonymous

Thanks for your answer and thoughtfulness again Mark! You have no idea how "manageable" my computer troubles are with you. Thanks again!

Ally :)

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!