The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

How to replicate sound equalization w/ headset

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by TheLastCanadian
  • Latest reply from TheLastCanadian
  • Topic Viewed 399 times

TheLastCanadian

I'm not really sure if this is the place to ask, but I figure it's the best to get a potential answer.

I have a Turtle Beach Earforce PX 21 headset - as some of you may know, this comes with a built-in sound card that has 2 male audio jacks (3.5mm and a USB) which it then uses to automatically adjust volume between games and chat. It also has a slight microphone feedback (into the audio, not what your friends hear) which is really nice as I can hear myself rather than being sealed off from the world.

I really hate how uncomfortable the headset is, but I love these features. Therefore, I was wondering if anybody had some suggestions on how to replicate this via software or hardware. My two basic ideas are software that detects audio levels and automatically adjusts them once a threshold is hit, say if game volume goes up to 99DB, chat would raise 10DB so you can hear it.

Alternatively, I was thinking of trying to wire up the headset's sound card with a more comfortable headset, but I'm not sure if this is possible or prudent.

Anyhow, I was just wondering what luck I might have here finding an answer of sorts. Any help or suggestions are appreciated, and in the event my attempt to describe this problem has proved less than articulate, let me know and I'll try and provide more details.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Seems to me that you need the programmable Px3 or Px5.

Posted 1 year ago

TheLastCanadian

I'm trying to open up other headset options than Turtle Beach as they are very uncomfortable, however I love the audio features.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!