SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - How to remove/delete album from WinAmp?

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by cockaleachy
  • Latest reply from cockaleachy
  • Topic Viewed 10774 times

cockaleachy

I would like to be able to permanently remove an album/s from WinAmp. I can remove a track/s but not a complete album. Even if I remove all the tracks from an album the album still remains? I'm assuming it's easy and I'm missing something?

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

If you remove all he tracks the album should be gone too. So when you view the album in Winamp, no tracks appear as they were removed then?

Posted 6 years ago

cockaleachy

Thanks jd2066. I did exactly what you suggested (before I asked for help) in the first instance as it is the obvious thing to do. However the tracks are removed from the tracklist but the album and number of tracks remains in the album list. Maybe there is a glitch with WinAmp and I should uninstall and install again?

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

Did you remove the tracks from the Media Library or just the playlist? You would have to remove the tracks from the Media Library for the album to go away.

Posted 6 years ago

cockaleachy

jd2066. Good idea, I think you are on to it. This might seem simple but how do you remove the tracks from the media library? If I right click on an album I don't get an option to remove/delete. I cannot bring up a view of the tracks in media library just the albums, maybe that's my problem? I appreciate your patience.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

In the Winamp Music Library the tracks should display in a list below the album list when an album is selected. You can then right click on the track list, click select all and click "Remove from library".

Edit: If you don't have a tracks pane and the buttons below it (Play, Enqueue, Create Playlist) then I think you may have it hidden. If so just move the mouse to right below the artist list, the cursor should show two arrows, then click and drag the pane back up.

Posted 6 years ago

cockaleachy

jd2066. Problem solved, thank you. The answer was in your Edit: I didn't know that pane existed! I did as you suggested and was able to remove the album in question from the library. I knew it had to be something like that, but you live and learn from others. Thanks again. A good forum.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.