SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - How to remove this border on my Desktop on the Folders ?

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by CSSHelper
  • Latest reply from vistual
  • Topic Viewed 667 times

CSSHelper
CSSHelper

Okay I saw this Border on my Desktop between my Icons on the Desktop

Do you see the Border aroudn Gimp it does this to my icons on my Desktop

Help me.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Make sure the following item is checked.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

@CSSHelper,
hard to tell in this new image you put up but are you still referring to the same thing you originally posted here: http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....replies=12
the original screenshot you posted was this

in this new screenshot its hard to tell because of the color of the background, but were you able to disable or change the blue that was there before?

are you looking for a different answer to a different inquiry, or still on about the same thing? just trying to make it clear, otherwise this thread is gonna end up closed and theyre gonna say you simply bump the old one / or update it.

Posted 1 year ago

CSSHelper
CSSHelper

No I'm scred it might do something to my Computer vistual

And Xhi I took that off and it's still showing that border

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

It is supposed to be ON!

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

CSSHelper,
i think you might learn that an app launcher or dock might give you the effect youre looking for without messing around with system files and stuff.
personally i use rocketdock. i can tell you that i know for a fact you get no borders or highlights when mousing over the icons.
you dont HAVE to go with that one though, theres a bunch of others that you can probably try as well.
see here for example : http://www.howtogeek.com/11616.....r-desktop/

Posted 1 year ago

CSSHelper
CSSHelper

Xhi I turn it on it I can still see the border

vistual I don't want docks and launcher just the folder hover when you hover over that Folder

Posted 1 year ago

CSSHelper
CSSHelper

Can someone please help me on this Topic, I want my Desktop to look Nice

How can I take this border out of my Folders

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@CSSHelper, You have had members try to help you. It may be that what you seek is not possible.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

You can not do it without some supplemental software. What makes you think you can??

Besides which I have those mouse over borders and I think my desktop looks very nice. Of course I use Fences and only have icons on my desktop when I want one which is seldom. a double click brings them back, I mouse over and click on the one I want double click and poof they are gone again. I love the mouse over highlight to insure to myself that I am clicking the correct Icon.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

gonna have to agree with these guys if youre not willing to take the plunge and hack a little.
i know it can be a little daunting at first but thats why in the first thread you opened i expressed the importance of the imaging ...
if you break something, you can be back up and running in no time and start over. it wasnt till i started imaging that i really got my confidence up and saw how much can be tweaked and how much more can be done. as long as your willing and commit you always have the forums here and so many other places where people can provide support. be warned though - its addictive! LOL!
if not then like the mods said, its either not possible or its one of those little 'annoyances' you might have to live with.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!