SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

How to reinstall Office 2003, after Office 2010 uninstalled.

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by JeannetteHoule
  • Latest reply from Johncoltrane
  • Topic Viewed 751 times

JeannetteHoule

Have an XP Professional computer. Had Office 2003 in it which I loved to use. Then, installed Office 2010 without backing up 2003. Uninstalled Office 2010 as I did not like it. Would Office 2003 still be in my computer and what is the best way to activate it again.

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

When installing Office 2010 it would have informed you that it would remove Office 2003, as far as I'm aware.

You will need to reinstall Office 2003.

Found this
"During installation process, if you select a default installation it WILL automatically uninstall 2003. You have to do a custom install AND tell it explicitly to NOT delete old applications"

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

You might have a problem reinstalling Office 2003 since windows will see it as an older version.
This might help if you have any problems
http://www.addictivetips.com/w.....fice-2010/

Posted 1 year ago

csmit583

2010ask if you wanted to remove the older version when you updated. If you said yes then it is gone and you will need the 2003 disc. Sorry. If you had Outlook 2003 then it removed that for sure as the versions cannot co-exist on the same system

Posted 1 year ago

Johncoltrane

Hi,
You can restore your computer at an earlier time, if you have made a recovery before uninstalling Office 2003, hope it might work.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!