The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

(Solved) - how to recover my lost data

(13 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Howto2012
  • Latest reply from Howto2012
  • Topic Viewed 1628 times

Howto2012

I have just deleted my important file and after that I found I deleted the file mistakenly. What should I do and how to recover my data? I know there are some software can make it but I don't know which is better and where to download this kind of software. I hope it is free.

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

If you have restore points, Shadow Explorer can get it back. Just navigate to the partition and to the file - then right click on the file and 'Export".

http://www.shadowexplorer.com/

Works in Vista and Windows7/8

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi
Xhi

There is Recuva from our friends at Piriform who brought us CCleaner. You will want the portable version prepared on a different computer so you do not accidentally overwrite the lost file.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

DO ALL ABOVE FIRST.

If no-go, try this Free Program. (Portable version)

http://www.undelete360.com/download.html

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

youknowita
youknowita

if haven't been overwritten, then minitool data recovery software is your best choice, it is free, i used it before, it is powerful. wish it works for you, :). good luck.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

G41M

Reduce the risk of the deleted file being overwritten by minimizing disk activities on the drive that has the deleted file. Better, is to shut down the pc and find recovery software that boots on cd/dvd/usb disk like Active Boot Disk (10-day trial) and recover from there.

Btw, have you check the recycle bin? :-)

Posted 2 years ago

charlie445

Wow, i didnt know you can recover something that is not in your recycle bin. I have deleted accidentely very important document before and had to go through a lot of trouble to get a new version of it((( i wish i came here earlier... Lots of answers to lots of questions.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

We do have quite a few, very helpful, and knowledgeable members here, so please hang around charlie.

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

The OP seems to have lost his PC too - LOL.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

Well maybe answers will help charlie445.

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

Right, I am sure it will help someone.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

Me too, he probably googled how to recover lost data and found this site.

Posted 2 years ago

Howto2012

thank you guys all, youknowita made a great suggestion, I found the <link removed - by MOD> he recommended to me. it works well. Hope the link I left can help who have the same problem.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.