The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

How to Recover Excel File Password ?

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by micalhassey
  • Latest reply from Drizzle
  • Topic Viewed 1383 times

micalhassey

I have lost my Excel file password so please some one suggest me how can i recover excel file password?

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar

Depends on which password you are talking about, is it a VBA password or Protect Sheet Password or Password to open the Excel file

Posted 1 year ago

ReadandShare

Also helpful to tell us which version of Excel. Passwords on the earlier versions are easier to crack.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

ReadandShare, we don't like the expression 'crack' on htg, more helpful info would be helpful

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

ReadandShare

Mike:

Given the situation where a password is forgotten -- and OP is asking for help to still open or perhaps unprotect his file -- what word would you use instead?

Posted 1 year ago

nosparks

No ReadandShare, OP is not looking for a 'crack' but rather a 'password recovery wizard'.

Within the last week, TechRepublic sent out a link to http://www.techrepublic.com/ph.....s_cid=e101 in its Daily Digest mailing.

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz

I'm sure ReadandShare tried to use the term 'crack' the password as in recovering the password and not using anything illegal.

nosparks, ironically the first software to the link you provided is "Ultimate ZIP Cracker ".

I understand that these terms have a bad reputation so I would understand Mike's comment and would be better off calling It password recovery or password retriever...idk not so many synonyms for 'crack'.

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

as we say 'crack' No no on HTG..so you would say' 'easier to recover'

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.