The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

how to move a picture or pictures from one folder to another

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by mojacar
  • Latest reply from jd2066
  • Topic Viewed 13846 times

mojacar

On xp a menu appeared on the left of the screen every time i wanted to move a picture to another destination.This doesn't happen on vista and i have no idea how to move a picture anywhere at all especially between my picture folders.It seems to me that vista has gone back 10 years in time.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

Here are two other ways to move files:
1. Drag and Drop: You click and while holding the button down drag to another folder. The folder you drag to can be a folder listed on the left pane or a folder open in another window.
2. Cut and Paste: Right click on a file click cut, Right click in another folder click paste.

Posted 6 years ago

mojacar

That's all very well but what if you want to move 20 or more pics at once? On xp you highlighted all the pics,found where you wanted to put them,after looking in the browser and then clicked,simple for people like me!Doing what you suggest is for pros on the pc not simpletons like me!

Posted 6 years ago

taybay

With all due respect, drag and drop is hardly for pros. =P I think what you're looking for is this: Click the button Organize/Layout/Navigation Pane.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

> Click the button Organize/Layout/Navigation Pane.
That will just hide the useful navigation pane in Vista, not bring back the task pane.

> what if you want to move 20 or more pics at once
You just highlight all the pics you want like you did before and then do one of the two ways on my first post

> Doing what you suggest is for pros
It isn't that hard and it should be more efficient then the other way. Also I think those are the only two ways in Explorer on Vista to move files.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.