SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - how to make win 7 ultimate genuine ?

(20 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by simo0o
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 18628 times

simo0o
simo0o

i have windows 7 on a laptop but it is not genuine!
and the system informed me that "your windows is not genuine " so how can i activate it !?

thanks

Posted 2 years ago

simo0o
simo0o

can i make update for windows after that crack that you may give me!??

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

That info will not be made available here. It is illegal.

Posted 2 years ago

Seasider2
Seasider2

Instructions how to activate Windows 7.
Remove your credit card from your wallet. Go online. Locate where you what to purchase Windows 7 from. Pay using you credit card. Download and install. Follow activation instructions. Discover it won't work because you had an illegal copy installed. Out of frustration throw your computer in the river, take up knitting.

Posted 2 years ago

Santo
Santo

Windows activation error is common and it did exist in Vista and now in Windows 7. There are several reasons for this error.

If your laptop came with factory installed Windows 7 then try to activate it by following any one of the steps given in this Microsoft Article.

Posted 2 years ago

simo0o
simo0o

i don't have money i spent it all to buy the new laptop and that one doesn't have windows on it !!!
:(

can any body help me to buy a legal windows copy???

Posted 2 years ago

LH
LH

What OS did the laptop come with ?

Posted 2 years ago

Santo
Santo

So, it is confirmed that your computer does not have the genuine copy of Windows OS. But if it came with any Windows OS, then you may contact its manufacturer to get its recovery discs.
The other best option for you will be to install Ubuntu OS which is free. You can download the desktop version from here.

If you still want Windows OS then you will have to pay for it and no one here is going to help you to get one.

Posted 2 years ago

LH
LH

Look on the bottom of the laptop for a product key. Note, it may be hidden in the battery compartment.

Posted 2 years ago

marks100
marks100

to add to santo's post look at THIS well cool .

mark.

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Or use Ubuntu
The latest version is as good as Windows, and does everything that you want to do using Windows...
And besides, you can run Windows' apps on Ubuntu as well (via Wine)

Posted 2 years ago

gbarn88347
gbarn88347

Had a simalar problem I purchased a Genuine coppy of Windows 7 ultimate direct from Microsoft and I sudenly got a mesage saying the copy of windows was not genuine and the computer would not run, all I could do was to do a clean re install.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Appears this is a common problem contrary to what MS says. Just a few of the fixes I found.

http://www.sevenforums.com/win.....e-fix.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Fix-.....id=6054979

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

If you have a genuine copy. the easiest solution is to call the MS activation center: http://support.microsoft.com/d.....spid=11922

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

AGREE with whs.

I call them often just for reassurance and to know they are there. :)

Posted 2 years ago

LH
LH

Yikes. Downloads from their site takes long enough. I don't care how to think how long a phone call would take.
But seriously, yes phone them.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

This past week had to call for Office 2007 activation. Surprisingly was very quick. Less than 10 minutes.

Posted 2 years ago

KCP100
KCP100

If you have a product key just enter it, otherwise you would have to crack it, which is illegal.

Posted 2 years ago

Seasider2
Seasider2

Why is this topic continuing? The OP admits it is not a legal version of Windows 7 and wants a crack. Has HTG changed its policy towards piracy? Should this now be closed?

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

You are right, the OP's question has been answered and the topic is now closed.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!