How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - how to make the laptop boot from external CD ROM

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by naizzzak
  • Latest reply from naizzzak
  • Topic Viewed 643 times

naizzzak

hai guys,
i have this prob, my laptop cant access to the desktop and i want to format it, the problem is that the cd rom damaged and i think the best way to use an external cd rom, when i have connected the external cd rom it works then i go back to change the settings of boot priorities to use CD ROM the first device to be bootde from, the problem is that it doesnt boot , so why and how can i format my lap . Kindly help me.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Hi naizzzak ,

Why can't you access the Desktop ? A little explanation would help.

Can you boot into Safe mode ?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

If the external CD-ROM is connected via a USB connection you have to choose the USB first in the boot order not the CD which is broken.

Posted 1 year ago

naizzzak

Dear, guilty spark.
i cannt boot into safe mood, and when i boot into safe mood it reads alot of lines ( loaded: \windows\system32\driveers\amdxata.sys

Dear, XHI yes it is connected by usb but when i access bios setup and particularly boot sequence there is no usb choice just HD , CD ROM and lan .

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Then your BIOS is not capable of booting from the USB/external CD-ROM. Your only good option is to fix the existing CD-ROM

Posted 1 year ago

naizzzak

Hi

thank u all, i have solved the problem i should make the priority to CDROM and it works after three attempts.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!